Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Chasing My Tail...

No, that post title does not mean any law enforcement person, public official or government agency is after me. It is the phrase I use to indicate ending up back where I started after lengthy time and research on the Internet.

After e-mailing other bloggers, checking websites and reading reviews for a piece of wheelchair equipment, I discovered that it is designed to move more easily as well as handling grass, dirt and other outdoor surfaces. It isn't great on loose sand and I may still have a hard time with uneven curb cuts, but packed sand and other forms of terrain are okay and I may be able to use a specialized rack. All of this is providing I can find a distributor to let me know if it fits my chair and then come up with the money to pay for it.

I also researched and purchased a bed which was delivered Saturday. After years of sleeping on a futon mattress that was no longer comfortable or in any way supportive, my back no longer hurts when I get up in the morning. The deeper mattress requires deep pocket fitted sheets. Following misadventures in two brick and mortar stores, it was back to Amazon for me. The sheets came today and should fit.

The broken blinds in the front room have been replaced and my closet doors, which date from 1974, are next on the list for replacement as they are warped. Additionally, after careful consideration, I decided to try and find a reputable organization that does tree plantings in memory of a lost loved one.

 In this case, it was a special blogger friend who loved trees. Hours on the Internet left me inundated with information and several choices, none of which were do-able in her country. I went to many forestry and arboreal oriented websites and ultimately made a small donation in her name. Every dollar buys a single tree. She would approve.

Apart from all of this, I have been writing--and binge watching the newest episodes of Longmire, based on the books by Craig Johnson. If anyone had told me at some earlier point in my life I'd be writing about such mundane things, I'd have laughed...

Good Evening.

11 comments:

37paddington said...

Good evening. These are not mundane things, though. This is life. I'm very impressed with the sprucing up you're doing. I need to follow your lead.

Steve Reed said...

Mundane things are good! I write about mundane things every day!

The donation sounds like a good idea. A tree is a tree is a tree, regardless of country. Trees do not respect nationalities. :)

the fly in the web said...

The mundane is the most interesting part of life as it is what we spend most of our time doing it.

Steve Reed said...

Oh, and yes, I saw your question about cameras. I have always used Canons, which I really like, and the model I have is an EOS 5D Mark III. But that is probably much more camera than you need. You should think about whether you want an SLR or a point-and-shoot, and then look at models within those ranges. SLRs give you more flexibility with settings, changing lenses and that kind of thing, but point-and-shoot cameras are really good these days for the casual photographer. I don't know much about the point-and-shoot options out there now -- the last one I had (still have, but almost never use) was a Canon Digital Elph. I forget the model number.

Maria said...

I am addicted to deep pocket jersey sheets. My partner comments that they are "too hot" but I love the way I feel hugged every night.

Birdie said...

I am so glad you have a bed that is comfortable. I have many clients that have hospital beds and not only are they more comfortable (with mattress upgrades if needed) but they are easier to get in and out of.

I love planting a tree is memory of a loved one. I planted a tree for my mom and whenever I look at it I feel glad and remember her.

e said...

Hey there,

The sprucing up has been a long time in coming and so far, it is difficult to find people to do quality work and it is hard to fight one's environment day after day...Thanks for visiting.

e said...

Thanks for the advice, and you're right about the trees!

e said...

Absolutely...though I live so differently now than what I anticipated that I sometimes feel I should be doing other things...I hope you are both well.

e said...

Ditto with being hugged in sheets...Speaking of hugs, more sent to you, Bing and Liv.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I kind of like the mundane. And a good bed and sheets is one of the big pleasures in life.