![]() |
| Saturday Laundry Helper |
Earlier in the week, I resumed physiotherapy and was also invited to dinner at the home of a new friend from my temple. There were four of us, and the conversation was lively. It was a once-monthly dinner and movie which is rotated amongst the participants. I had previously met two of the women, who thought I might make a good fourth. We all got on and I was happily informed at the end of the night that I had been vetted and the others all agreed that I was now part of the group. Though I have several women friends of diverse backgrounds and varying ages, it has been a long time since I was part of a group like this. I think I'm really going to enjoy these women.
The movie we saw, Devil's Advocate, was a 1997 film that I had not seen and is based on a book of the same title by Andrew Neiderman. The cast features Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves. I'll say no more other than both deliver wonderful performances and the twists are not predictable. Those of you who may have read Milton's Paradise Lost will catch the themes of this film readily.
Enjoy the weekend.

10 comments:
Congratulations on being voted into the group, that's really cool.
Aren't cats funny! your photo made me laugh!
been a while since i saw that movie...
your cat is like mine...funny on hogging the laundry...mine just came in and laid on my chest...making it a little hard to type...smiles.
That's great about the new group of friends. Friends are so, so important.
And if I could burrow into a dryer full of warm laundry, I would.
Keanu Reeves delivered a wonderful performance?! THAT's a first. :)
I've never heard of that movie -- I'll have to check it out. Sounds like a fun group! And yeah, both cats and dogs seem to love warm laundry.
I'm not showing the dogs this photograph...they have enough ideas already!
Mine always sits in front of the computer screen and sometimes on the keyboard as though saying, "Enough of that, play with me." Best to you and your family.
You are so right...on both points!
I've actually seen him as both a lead and a supporting role and he's done respectably. I gather from your comment that you don't find him capable of that. I guess it depends upon what you've seen. I might not have chosen this film if it had been up to me, but it wasn't a total loss of celluloid.
Great photo -- such a great helper!! Just like Dixie in the kitchen! Glad to hear about the friends and getting settled in.....I really liked that movie -- it was eery...the weather last week was scary -- tornadoes and t'storms several days that hit around us but not, thankfully, us....
Post a Comment