Two weeks ago, I paid the builder a small deposit for some work he will do involving the two closets in this flat. One, in the hall, is used as a pantry. The other is a ten-foot long monstrosity with old bi-fold doors in which space is poorly configured and badly used. He will be bringing new hardware for the bedroom closet so that the doors will close properly and all of it will be usable. The hall closet shelves will be built out so that when I open the door, I do not have to reach a foot or more inside to grab anything. Originally destined for coats, this closet will, as of this change, become a pantry.
The kitchen is now my most inaccessible room and the one weighing heavily on my mind at the moment...
If it sounds as though I've completely consigned myself to builder's hell, I have not quite. I will say that it is brilliant to have a builder who isn't only in this for money. He likes discussing ideas, weighing options and coming up with numbers that work...
1 comment:
rare it is when you find a construction man also concerned with design. Keep him around.
Post a Comment