Monday, June 25, 2012

Wet And Waiting It Out...

The weekend was soggy and yesterday, I got caught in the deluge accompanying feeder bands from tropical storm Debby, which is now drenching the northern portion of the state. My raincoat, which is lined, was soaked through as were my clothes. My neighbour, with whom I do the week's shopping, decided he could not wait until today.

It took about an hour to deal with sodden bags, water on the floor and a soaked chair and cushion, but once that was cleared up and I was once again in dry clothing, steaming tea in hand, I enjoyed catching up on e-mails and correspondence, at least until the lights began flickering. Fortunately, they never went out completely.

More rain is predicted for this afternoon and the remainder of the week. Debby, it seems, has stalled since the original predictions had it heading to Texas...

Oh, the joys of hurricane season...Milky skies, humidity, wind and rain.

Any excitement where you are?

Until Next Time...

9 comments:

Mrs Thrifty said...

Oh, a bit of rain and a bit of sunshine here, but nothing as dramatic as your weather. Glad you are okay and I do believe the world always looks better after a cup of tea xx

Steve Reed said...

My mom said she had more than 10 inches of rain up in Land O' Lakes. I can only imagine what it's like where you are. I saw Bayshore was completely flooded.

the walking man said...

This Detroit, it rains all around us but normally is to afraid of our reputation to actually make us wet. Foolish weather. Nope no excitement here other than the usual no excitement, just the usual stuff we don't get excited about anymore.

the fly in the web said...

Just normal rainy season - after a week or two on non stop rain which the weather men said was sent to us from the Atlas Mountains!
Keep dry!

Bruno Laliberté said...

Nope, raining here too, but after last week's heatwave, I don't mind at all. It's cooler, it's also the middle of the night, hearing cars and trucks splashing through the rain, both cats sleeping, one in front of the tv while i "listen" to a movie and the other is under my desk. Fairly quiet in here and out there...
When I hear how much water you folks got, I just hope there will not be too much damage or land slide... Good luck!! And have some more tea!!
:)~
HUGZ

Brian Miller said...

last tuesday we got hit with this freaky hard shower...lasted about 30 minutes and totaly wrecked the place...tree limbs everywhere....now we are on to scorching...

nick said...

The weather everywhere is going crazy. Belfast has just had its most severe flooding for decades after torrential rain on Wednesday and more rain on Thursday. The weather was fine while the Queen was visiting Belfast, but the moment she left the country the heavens opened.

The bike shed said...

Catching up after time away. Excitement here? mmmm ... maybe when summer arrives. Just completed my 400 mile bike ride though - feeling fitter but with very sore legs.

Jenny Woolf said...

Hope the weather has improved in the few weeks since you posted. If I had to describe the weather now in England compared with how it was then, I'd say the same - WET. But the forecast at last predicts something a little dryer. So I hope it happened for you too!