Karen, who blogs at Bordertown Notes, sent me this wonderful postcard of elephants at sunset. Karen lives in Botswana and sees all sorts of beautiful animals, birds and plant life. Though I meant to post this long ago, doing so now has enabled me to try out the scanning function on the new printer.
Elephants are a favourite of mine. My fascination started with Babar and has never abated. According to the back of the card, a healthy elephant can produce ten calves in her lifetime and can give birth every four years if conditions are good. Karen writes, "We see herds of elephants almost every day, crossing the roads en route either to or from the river. Watching them is a wonderful distraction from our chaotic world."
I could not agree more. Additionally, though I have become accustomed to the immediacy of e-mail, there is something special about receiving postcards and letters as well as sending them that the modern world seems on the verge of loosing...
Unti Next Time...

5 comments:
What a beautiful card! I am a big fan of Karen's Blog, which is full of wonderful photos of wildlife and places I would love to see in person. I do hope elephants like these will continue to exist without the threat of extinction.
Wonderful postcard.
Such a beautiful and elegant animal.
Thanks for sharing and yes I still love to get letters and postcards.
Helen
what a cool postcard...i find elephants fascinating...returning to the place one fell...
My dear e, how beautiful to receive such a thoughtful card. Elephants are such intelligent creatures. Like you, I love them. I have one sitting on my desk. They are supposed to be a sign of good luck in some culture.
Post a Comment