It seems my pleasure in watching films via computer is no more. For the past two weeks, every film streamed from my Netflix queue slows and dies, freezing the desktop Dell to the point that it must be turned off and re-started several times. Discussions with customer service representatives at Netflix and my ISP have not revealed any problems from either. The ISP representative suggested switching from Internet Explorer to another browser, which on the face of it is worth a try.
There are no viruses, bots or malware involved, as I have run scans, so my next alternatives are to clear out unneeded files and software and see if things won't run more smoothly and begin computer shopping. Neither prospect appeals as one is time consuming and the other expensive. I also do not want to buy a television or the cable necessary for decent reception here.
Any suggestions???
9 comments:
Other than taking a trip to the building featured in your last post, I am afraid I have no suggestions for you. But, good luck
hope you get it worked out...my first though was bots or malware but...is something eating your memory?
From my husband: Get a wireless router. Talk to your ISP service provider about getting a higher download rate. Get an iPad, where you can watch Netflix, do email, and most everything you want to do on it ($499). Call if you want more info. He is an expert at this kind of thing.
This happened to me recently with expat shield.
I removed it from my english language widows programme and put it on the spanish language version...when it kicks up there I'll put it back again.
I have no viruses either...so have no idea why it should happen.
sorry...i'm rubbish at that type of thing...good luck with it
Clear the temporary download file and run a disc clean found in accessories then defragment if it's been more than a year since you have done so. something is using your ram where the stream first is stored before being transferred to your hard drive for viewing.
I'm not a fan of IE and use Firefox but it sounds more like connection problems to me.
Looks like a few good suggestions here. Don't you love bloggers? You get encouragement from those of us who know nothing, plus a few good suggestions. What more could we ask?
Wish I could help you but we have problems with DVD players in our house! I have never tried watching them on the computer though.
Post a Comment