The drying out after my water heater leaked took several long and noisy days. Nine small blue dryers, one large de-humidifying machine, and an air cleaner were installed throughout the flat and although I was promised all were not as loud as the average airport tarmac, I would not take bets on that.
Both the restoration and flooring companies were marvelous; I had no problems with the insurer, either. Apart from the noise and having furnishings on blocks, then choosing new flooring, everything went as smoothly as it could, given the circumstances. The first photo features a dryer in my closet while the second is perhaps the biggest machine of the lot. The last is the new floor. Normal blogging will resume promptly. Thanks for your patience.



7 comments:
glad everything turned out as well as it did...the floors look nice...
Hello:
We are delighted to know that after all of the traumas associated with the leak, things are now returning to something like normal, and you have come through the whole process clearly unstressed.
We had dehumidifiers once but the walls of the cottage were so thick they said it was almost impossible (and inadvisable) to dry all the walls.
I thought that de-humidifier was a damn mini freezer! Yeah I bet it was so quiet even the mice fell asleep from boredom.
What a pain. But at least you gor really nice new floors!
We just had the water heaters in the three apartments changed yesterday to avoid such "accidents".
- Jazz
Ha glad you no longer have wet feet. Similar thing happened to me when my dishwasher flooded the whole place. It makes life so much easier when the insurer comes to the party without any drama.
Lovely to hear from you again....clearly your insurers aren't French.
Post a Comment