I feel like giving everybody who voted an apology and a big hug. I didn't vote this year -- not from apathy, but from sheer disorganization. I hate myself a little for that. What happened is just wrong, and I really do feel like crying over it. People can be so blind! I hate the way so many of the people who won did so by blowing up differences and pandering to the sense of hopelessness and fear.
What the U.S. needs is a proper investigation into how it is possible to appoint two complete incompetents in succession to head up the Fed.
I'm not on the right...but I never had any confidence in Obama's ability to turn things round...if you don't attack the lobby system and pork barreling head on, you won't get anything done. People would have been with him on that, it would have given him an alternative legitimacy.
My dear, I have no idea that you are based in the US. I've always imagined you are from UK. It shows how knowlegable you are with the current affairs. I've been following the news about the midterm election, it must be such a disappointing news for Barack Obama as Republicans take House.
It makes me understand why a good person would think twice about throwing his/her hat in the political ring. I feel as though ignorance is growing like a plague in this country.
Meh... meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Funny how history doesn't really distinguish our politics... but people in the moment go nuts over what will ultimately prove to nearly insignificant change.
My dear, in the ideal democratic world, we all should be permitted to move, work, and live where we choose. I think it is apart of human right to have a choice for mobility and the choice for where one calls home. Keep your chin up xx
The voters are not mad, simply uneducated. Sarah Palin quit her job and explained that she was not a QUITTER, now she exploits her unwed daughter on DANCING WITH THE STARS claiming the girl is an advocate for teens to avoid premarital sex. Sarah herself will soon have her own reality show. Gag. Nobody reads, people watch TV and that is where the power is. My passport is up to date. X David
I know --- a neighbor was boorish enough to write ME that she was 'beyond happy' about the election and 'I need to get over it, the REPS are back to stay!' There are right wing conservatives I can have conversations with. Needless to say, she is NOT one of them...I really am disappointed she attempts to goad me...and sorry for her narrow-mindess...the election was a major step back from any feeble progress being made...New Zealand looks better and better.
15 comments:
hehe..just to keep from crying...
Canada does seem more and more tempting....
It feels like that, doesn't it?
I feel like giving everybody who voted an apology and a big hug. I didn't vote this year -- not from apathy, but from sheer disorganization. I hate myself a little for that. What happened is just wrong, and I really do feel like crying over it. People can be so blind! I hate the way so many of the people who won did so by blowing up differences and pandering to the sense of hopelessness and fear.
What the U.S. needs is a proper investigation into how it is possible to appoint two complete incompetents in succession to head up the Fed.
I'm not on the right...but I never had any confidence in Obama's ability to turn things round...if you don't attack the lobby system and pork barreling head on, you won't get anything done. People would have been with him on that, it would have given him an alternative legitimacy.
Don't forget people, we have Stephen Harper. The man is a freaking moron rightist moron.
His minister of science and technology is a creationist.
He is willing to aid women in developing countries so long as funding for abortions is not provided to them.
His government refused to recognize water as a basic human right.
Just sayin'.
My dear, I have no idea that you are based in the US. I've always imagined you are from UK. It shows how knowlegable you are with the current affairs. I've been following the news about the midterm election, it must be such a disappointing news for Barack Obama as Republicans take House.
I agree, completely. Toronto is looking better and better...
Brian: Cry all you want...this just proves that people can cut off their noses to spite their faces...
AngelMay: If Canada was more disability friendly, I would move.
Mary: I agree, but don't beat yourself up...You'll need the energy for other things now the thugs are back in.
Fly: A cogent point or two with which I agree.
Jazz: Send him here---the Tea Party fools would love him!
Dear ASD: Born in the US but raised elsewhere and oh how I wish I had dual citizenship so I could wheel right out of here...
Thanks for the compliment.
Kate: It does!
It makes me understand why a good person would think twice about throwing his/her hat in the political ring. I feel as though ignorance is growing like a plague in this country.
Can it be that much better in Canada?
Meh... meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Funny how history doesn't really distinguish our politics... but people in the moment go nuts over what will ultimately prove to nearly insignificant change.
My dear, in the ideal democratic world, we all should be permitted to move, work, and live where we choose. I think it is apart of human right to have a choice for mobility and the choice for where one calls home. Keep your chin up xx
Toronto was my first thought, too.
What can we expect from a generation of tele-visionists.
Onward and upward, E.
Anyone who thinks they can fend for themselves without any help from "big government" is certainly a sandwich short of a picnic.
The voters are not mad, simply uneducated. Sarah Palin quit her job and explained that she was not a QUITTER, now she exploits her unwed daughter on DANCING WITH THE STARS claiming the girl is an advocate for teens to avoid premarital sex. Sarah herself will soon have her own reality show. Gag.
Nobody reads, people watch TV and that is where the power is.
My passport is up to date.
X David
I know --- a neighbor was boorish enough to write ME that she was 'beyond happy' about the election and 'I need to get over it, the REPS are back to stay!' There are right wing conservatives I can have conversations with. Needless to say, she is NOT one of them...I really am disappointed she attempts to goad me...and sorry for her narrow-mindess...the election was a major step back from any feeble progress being made...New Zealand looks better and better.
Post a Comment