
Those of you familiar with French Fancy or the latest incarnation of her lovely blog, French Fancy Moves To Kent, may recognise the subject of this post.
The Ten Things That Have Happened Recently To Make Me Happy:
Getting my chronic back problem sorted---for now...
Receiving a card from a secret admirer...
Eradicating fleas from the flat---they came in from outside and as the cats are on preventive for fleas, once the few cloth-ladened surfaces were sprayed with boric acid, they had nowhere to deposit eggs. The few adults that dared visit the furry ones met with a hasty end...
Noticing that I am a few pounds lighter; I could be lighter still. I'll see what happens getting back to my hospital fitness program...
Finding out that I do not need to replace my digital camera...
Looking for wheelchair friendly horses to ride when I've the time...
Enjoying the sunshine and laughing when caught in the rain...
Making sure the kids in my life are doing well...
Indulging my passion for a good book or a beach read, depending upon my mood...
Discovering that my cache of foreign films and British television is better than anticipated...
What makes you happy these days?
11 comments:
sounds like you got a lot to be happy for...glad for the back pain relief...and fleas? really...wish i could get rid of the stink bugs...happy the car broke down, and we had money to fix it...smiles.
I can't manage ten....
pleasure when something good happens for friends....
the sheer relief of making a decision about moving....
The last is so great that it just sums up everything pleasurable in my own life at the moment!
Teaching my first piano student (age 9) and starting a book club for kids in a homeless shelter (Diary of a Wimpy Kid is our first book). Life is good!
At least you didn't have bed bugs! But fleas can be pretty bad too. I remember once in my group house decades ago wearing flea collars on my ankles.
Goodness, what makes me happy? All sorts of things, I'm mostly a pretty optimistic and positive soul. Having a wonderful life-companion, having a comfortable home and enough money, enjoying beautiful landscapes and the changing seasons, reading, music, anyone with a wry sense of humour, the list is endless really!
Fleas are a real pain. Fortunately I've only encountered them once or twice in my life.
I am too ignorant to be discontent about anything. And to smart to settle for just being happy.
My dear, I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend. Take care of yourself and annoying flea (poor you and the cats).
Knowing that next Friday when I get in the car it won't be to go to work, but to drive away on vacation.
Glad you have the back problem sorted out.
lovely happy things - so glad about your relief from pain at the mo.
off to buy boric acis.... i'm getting bitten ankles.
happy? family and friends above all.
having a good job
Its good to take time to list out things that are going well. Puts things into perspective. Your image is appropriate. Taking time to smell the roses, so to speak :)
Hi E - So glad to catch up with your doings - especially all the little happy bits! A secret admirer - how cool is that. It reminds me of my first (and only) Valentine's Day in Scotland. In Britain, you send only one card (anonymous) to your sweetheart. I, silly American, was in the habit of sending one to almost everyone I knew (grandma, cat, etc.) - you should have seen the look on the shopkeeper's face when I picked out 14 cards. She must have thought I was quite the slut! For whatever reason, she gave me free candy...
Fleas I know about, Bedbugs are apparently everywhere in NYC, I cannot walk down a street without seeing discarded mattresses that I avoid, but now, stinkbugs?
I do not even want to know what a stinkbug is, I imagine it is aptly named.
I have to admit the name "stinkbug" makes me laugh so I guess that is what has made me happy today, that and the fact that your back pain is somewhat sorted out.
X David
Post a Comment