And what's inside them, too. We have a painting called 'cerca' by a Costa Rican artist Ephrain Mendez, showing what lurks within the limits which constantly makes us think.
Ian: You're right of course. Still there are those who straddle the fence, neither in nor out...
Fly: I have seen some of that artists work, though not that particular painting. I'll look it up now you've mentioned it.
Nance Twop: That's the military for you, always the biggest fences. If it makes a harp-like sound that would be far more enlightening than most of the noises one hears in such places...
That's great! We really like his stuff but can't house any more until we get to Costa Rica full time.
He works in the same studio with a female artist whose work is too powerful to have in a house...it needs somewhere special...somewhere you go when you want to concentrate.
Ordinary householders would be lost without their fences to mark the boundaries and deter trespassers. I guess fences must have been a very early human invention for that very reason.
What I find even more bothersome are the miles of beautiful open land around here, valleys, meadows, hills, ravines, woods, that are tidily and firmly surrounded by barbed wire with "No Trespassing" signs. What the eff are they afraid of? Someone enjoying the beauty of their land?
16 comments:
Fences keep people out, but they also keep them in.
And what's inside them, too.
We have a painting called 'cerca' by a Costa Rican artist Ephrain Mendez, showing what lurks within the limits which constantly makes us think.
I don't think I've ever seen that many extra strands on top of a fence... suppose it makes a harp-like sound when the wind blows?
Ian: You're right of course. Still there are those who straddle the fence, neither in nor out...
Fly: I have seen some of that artists work, though not that particular painting. I'll look it up now you've mentioned it.
Nance Twop: That's the military for you, always the biggest fences. If it makes a harp-like sound that would be far more enlightening than most of the noises one hears in such places...
so are they trying to keep you out or in? smiles.
That's great!
We really like his stuff but can't house any more until we get to Costa Rica full time.
He works in the same studio with a female artist whose work is too powerful to have in a house...it needs somewhere special...somewhere you go when you want to concentrate.
The wire seems a touch of overkill!
I agree about the overkill, but think militarily and you'll begin to notice the mentality that put it there...
Ordinary householders would be lost without their fences to mark the boundaries and deter trespassers. I guess fences must have been a very early human invention for that very reason.
My fence keeps people out, nothing is big enough to keep me in.
I'd rather see the same picture without the fence :)
It would be most interesting to know why the fence is necessary. Is it keeping people out or in?
Is that to keep us out or them in? I have a picture of an excavator on the other side of a fence looks like it's caged. :)
What I find even more bothersome are the miles of beautiful open land around here, valleys, meadows, hills, ravines, woods, that are tidily and firmly surrounded by barbed wire with "No Trespassing" signs. What the eff are they afraid of? Someone enjoying the beauty of their land?
Chris,
It seems humans love to stamp part of the world as "theirs." This starts wars and other useless conflicts...
hmmmm. indeed - theres still a lot of money in some places, isn't there?
Post a Comment