.jpg)
This tale from my younger days is true and was part of an e-mail sent to another blogger. What was your life like back then?
Image From Wikipedia. It is in the public domain worldwide and has been cropped. It is used here for illustrative purposes only.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
In the mid-nineties, I found myself part of a wave of thirty-somethings seeking work. On the day of an Employment Fair at my university, I arrived, CV in hand, dressed in a beautiful red skirt and matching jacket. Having taken pains to find exactly the right creamy silk blouse for the ensemble, I looked the picture of confidence.
Concluding an interview, I shook hands with the hiring manager to whom I had been speaking, leaving the room excited to be starting a job in the next two weeks.
The exits, likewise brimming with flurries of skirts and suits, all rushing to various destinations, some no doubt unforeseen, only added to my growing anticipation.
It was not until I reached the row of cars containing mine that an odd sensation gradually replaced the heady feelings I'd carried from the interview.
A small, almost imperceptible snap led to a slow downward migration until the crotch of my sheer tights rested between my knees, impeding further efforts to get to my car.
In a split-second decision, I crouched between two Jeeps. However, removing the offending tights, and trying to jettison my favourite flats without burning my feet on hot asphalt, wasn't as easy to accomplish as I'd imagined.
No sooner was I free of shoes and busily yanking off the last shred of hosiery when I heard in booming bass: "What do you think you're doing there, Miss?"
The snapped elastic band of tights in hand, my eyes migrated to the burliest male specimen of a police officer I'd ever encountered. Tall, and exceedingly muscular, he had no discernible neck, and his light blue eyes reflected an air of impenetrable reserve and calm.
Cramming my left foot into its shoe, I decided that a quick departure was in order and pasted a smile on my face to hide rising panic.
"I had a small problem but it's over now," I said. Before he could respond, I added, "Would you be a dear and dispose of these? They've seen better days and I hate to leave a mess. Thanks ever so much."
With that, I hurled the defective hosiery in his direction, and took off toward my car, glancing backward only once to see whether he was in pursuit.
The increasing peels of laughter that met my ears only faded as the driver's door opened and I started the engine...
Until Next Time...
15 comments:
teehee..omg...that is awesome...lol
Campus cops have never been the brightest. He was probably too dumb-founded to say anything.
Which brings to mind a chase scene on my FL campus, in which my boyfriend outran an campus cop while driving a car at least 15 years older than the cop car. Ahhh... memories of that old Windsor.
Ha! Great story!
Can't say I've had a similar experience, lol! Well, what else could you do in the circumstances, being barely able to walk? And I'd love to have seen the police officer's expression as he tried to explain to his colleagues why he was clutching a pair of sheer tights.
I am so glad that the only man generally known to wear pantyhose is Joe Namath. They seem and from what the ladies tell me to be nothing but a pain in the...errrrr crotch.
Oh!:D
Truly a memorable pantyhose tale. I was terrified you were about to tell me that you belatedly discovered, after such a wonderful interview, that your lovely red skirt was tucked neatly into your tights in the rear. I was relieved it was simply a parking-lot adventure.
Ah dang -- reminds me of back in the day when i was super-skinny...I was dressed up for a fancy dinner dance and wearing those at the time new-fangled hose that topped the thigh and were held up just by their fancy elastic tops when to my horror both pairs were sliding down to the ankle.....yikes.....
Lovely story. Oh, we have all had such moments, that's for sure.
Just one of those little things that I, as a male, don't have to worry about. Priceless description of the process, however. Do you think the cop took your tights home and saved them?
Great story, really made me smile!
Always best, when caught in a compromising position, to simply run away.
Thanks for the laugh.
X David
That was so dreadful...and you made it sound so funny!
I think in the U.K. now you would have copped a fine for litter, too!
excellent
tights? hate them!
Oh my God, for one awful minute there I worried that you were actually going to be arrested for public adjustment of pantyhose! I'm so glad you weren't.
Back in the days when I still wore them, I suffered terribly with southern migrating pantyhose. In Japan they used to only make pantyhose for women up to 165 cm, just a little too short for my legs. I was endlessly tormented.
Post a Comment