It's almost the weekend, and I've nothing fabulous to write about, so I thought I'd ask any interested readers the following: If you could ask me just one question, what would it be?
Of course, I do reserve the right not to answer if the question is deemed inappropriate, but I'm curious to see what your enquiries may be.
I'll leave this post up for the next few days. Those interested can pop in to see the answers.
Happy Weekend Everyone!
Until Next Time...
33 comments:
ok, i will start off gentle...what is one childhood dream you have yet to achieve and still want to?
Great question...
As a kid, I always wanted to write, so I would spend hours journaling...the other things I wanted to do involved living in different places and speaking languages other than English and Spanish. I also promised myself as a teen that I would return to Europe and have not done that, yet.
Okay, the biggest cliché of all - what do you think is the meaning of life?
Oh this is interesting, e. Ok - if you could be somebody else for a day who would it be?
Nick,
You would ask this after an extaordinarily noisy and late night with little sleep...
The meaning of life...is whatever import the individual and society attach to it.
I'm not sure my having been alive in the latter 20th and early 21st centuries will ultimately mean diddley to anyone, but drawing breath every day means there is some hope of pleasure, productivity, thought, feeling and purpose.
As for the larger society, I think humans are in a wretched state because though our leaders and politicians talk a good game, their actions lead me to believe that they care only for their own egos and serve their own interests rather than those of citizens.
French Fancy: I would probably be a doctor who served the poor and those with little access to care as there is much to be done throughout the world and I think healthcare is a basic human right, not a benefit of being wealthy.
Why aren't you on Facebook?
Well, looking at your picture below, I am venturing to guess you live somewhere in the Western United States as well, but where..or if not wanting to be so specific, what State? that in turn leads to antoehr question: if money was no object and anyone coudl visit you or you them at anytime, where would you choose to live?
Here's another - what personal weakness would you rather be without?
hello e, what an interesting (and brave) idea.
ok, so: what are your top priorities in terms of things to do/achieve in the next 6 months?
Hello Everyone,
Happy weekend...
Megan,
FB gave me a nasty computer virus, and I've not much time or inclination to deal with Facebook. A blog and e-mail is about all I can deal with.
MMM,
I visited the high desert in California in January, and do not live in the west at all. If money were no object, I would live in Europe, probably England or France. I currently live in Florida, from which I would like to escape...If wishes were horses...
Lettuce: I'll come back to that later...Too early in the day yet and I'm still brewing my first tea...
Having had my first sips, now, I'll attempt to answer your question...
In the next six months my priorities would include figuring out where I would like to live, finding accessible housing, a job, planning a trip to the EU, finding a way to use my Spanish and learn French and figuring out a social life so I don't become a total recluse. I do not think this is all manageable in six months.
What about you?
Nick: I've already answered your first question, and now, you want another go...
Well, as I tend to get impatient with people and can get a bit stroppy, I guess you could say that's a weakness I and others could live without...
That's a very worthy (in a good way) thought - wanting to be able to help people in need of medical attention. FWIW I totally agree with you - I think some things in this day and age are basics that a person should not have to pay for - this includes sanitation, water, health care, heat and enough food to fill their belly. I'm not talking a six course gourmet meal but I think that basic provisions should be given to every low income household - bread, eggs, flour, end of day veg & fruit, low cost cheese - you get the picture I am sure.
What's your favorite program lead or experience?
chitowngreg
http://chitowngreg.wordpress.com
Greg:
Seeing someone I knew who came into treatment a basket case get it together and go back to school, get a job, have kids and help others. Amongst the walking wounded are walking miracles, a word I think some people use entirely too lightly.
Who, or what, always, never fails, to make you laugh?
Hi e,
Oo, so I bet you've never heard this one before (or at least more than 50 times...)
If you were throwing a party and you could invite anyone you wanted, alive or dead, who would they be and why...?
Sorry, have stinking head cold - cannot be more creative than that!
KRx
Hello Why and KR:
My pets make me laugh more than do humans these days, especially my male tux who loves me like no other cat on the planet ever has...
KR: I'll give this some thought and get back here by week's end. Sorry about the head cold...
e,
I so admire your courage to open up this way. Warmest of wishes.
Hello Mangocheeks,
I'm not as brave as you might think!
Kabbalah: Here is the best answer to your question:
At this point, I'd invite all the bloggers amongst my following since I know none of them in person. I would also include those bloggers I read regularly as well. This would put names with faces, and personalities...
Gosh, everybody's already asked all the good ones. I guess that leaves me with: what flavor is plaid?
Dear Tattytiara,
The good questions haven't all been asked...Yours is certainly unique...
The flavour of plaid is both sweet, a bit bitter and creamy, like chocolate.
not reading any other comments, the first query that pops into mind is
if you could be anywhere, where would you be?
okay off to read the other questions and maybe the answers!!!
xxxxxxxxmouse
Hi Mouse,
If I could be anywhere...Spain, France or the UK.
Yes, got this. Florida? Well, I never! :) Far too humid there but hey, you do have a lovely ocean!
Dear Mr. Toast,
You're right. On both counts.
yes that sounds like a lot for 6 months! but sometimes we can surprise ourselves
Hope I am not too late to play along. If you were a potato, what variety would you be. (This is not a facetious question, I happen to be very fond of potatoes)
Dear Alan,
I would probably be a sweet potato since I am fond of those though they don't exactly correspond with my nature...
(I'll have to research varieties of spuds now you've brought this to my attention.)
Thanks for popping in.
If you could have lunch with anyone important,famous or interesting, living or dead, who would that be?
Dear Miss Footloose,
You have a lovely, adventure-filled blog, and it is very nice to meet you.
As for your question, I would have lunch with a Paris doctor whose work in his field I've retrieved for others while working in a library during my MLS training. I happened to meet an older French woman in another setting who mentioned him as having helped her daughter. He was spoken of in such glowing terms that I thought he might be very interesting to talk to.
What a great idea. Now I'm tempted, but I'm also wondering if I could do this justice.
My question is: What are you the proudest of having accomplished in your life?
Mary,
That is something a teacher might ask...
I would say these things: Surviving since I wasn't given very good odds, earning my MLS while working and attending a year-long leadership seminar that met monthly.
One question, eh?
Leggs or No-Nonsense?
JeffScape,
You can ask away...
LEGG's I think...and remind me to tell you about hurling my defunct hosiery at a law enforcement officer...
Post a Comment