Friday, March 26, 2010

Knackered And Hoping I Don't Nod Off During Hamlet...

After rising with the birds and getting out the door at 7 AM, I am overdue for an early night. The work tires the brain, so I hope this post isn't incomprehensible. The people at my workplace are nice. Most are retired professionals who do seasonal temporary work.

I have been early to bed only to have sleep thwarted by noisy neighbours, cats and a sudden storm, so I hope I don't nod off during the New York Metropolitan Opera's reprisal of Hamlet tomorrow...

I wish everyone a wonderful weekend, and I'll check in with those of you on my blog list as I can.

Until Next Time...

14 comments:

Brian Miller said...

get some rest...and i hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Baino said...

Now one GOOD thing about going to the theatre in a wheelchair is you get the best seats! Have fun.

nick said...

Hope you stay awake to enjoy Hamlet. Noisy neighbours seem to be one of the 21st century plagues!

Enchanted Oak said...

I'm so jealous you're headed for Hamlet. I live in the boondocks. While it's lovely here, we have no version of the Met.
I am glad your co-workers are pleasant people. May you enjoy a restful weekend.

French Fancy... said...

I didn't realise there was Hamlet, the opera. My favourite play turned into arias - I must investigate this further.

French Fancy... said...

It does sound interesting though

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/18/arts/music/18hamlet.html

Megan said...

I wish you a wonderful weekend, too!

Megan said...

P.S. - You need to be on Facebook...

lettuce said...

I hope its going well, E - and that you;re having a great weekend with lots of good sleep

e said...

Brian: I'm catching up...it's another ugly day...dark skies and rain.

Baino: I wish that were always true. Unfortunately, people disregard the laws for accessibility here far too often.

Nick: I nodded slightly during the intermission, but the opera was fabulous. Today, the noisy neighbours are quiet...perhaps, like me, they've taken to napping, but as twenty-somethings, I rather doubt it.


Enchanted: Go to the met site on the Web to check out radio stations that broadcast the operas. If none are near you, go to the Website for WUSF.org, which broadcasts the entire season. You can hear them via web at 1 PM eastern time on Saturdays.

FF: Will let you know more about the opera. It was written by a French composer and is done entirely in French. The Met does not perform this as often as other operas which is why I bought the ticket.

Megan: Thanks and I don't have time for Facebook.

Lettuce: It's storming today so have been doing things like making lunches ahead, laundry etc. Will turn in early and hope for the best. I hope all is well for you?

Greg S. said...

Enjoy! Have a great time!!

chitowngreg
http://chitowngreg.wordpress.com

e said...

Thanks, Greg, I did have a good time.

Michael said...

Noisy neighbours--know all about that, afraid to say. good luck with it all and hope your weekend was grand.

e said...

MMM...it was, and thanks for popping over...I hope your weekend was wonderful, too, Mr. Toast.