Thursday, February 18, 2010

Theme Thursday: Bells



This photo, taken in 2008, is the closest I can come to today's theme. Bells were ringing as the picture was snapped. Beyond that, I know nothing of the building. I will be thinking of Barry at 2 PM my time as he completes his chemotherapy. Having had a mother who died of cancer before she could complete scheduled chemotherapy, I can understand the import of this milestone and wish Barry the best.

Until Next Time...

Happy Theme Thursday!

32 comments:

California Girl said...

That's beautiful. Where is it?

e said...

Just over a very long bridge about 40 minutes from where I live.

JeffScape said...

I was going to ask the same thing California Girl did...

Speaking of, do you miss California yet, e?

Anonymous said...

Such a tranquil looking setting, it is...lost one of me Grandfathers to cancer back in '82...was far too late for him to even start chemo, when he got to hospital :(

Bless you, e!

nick said...

A remarkable building, it looks like a wedding cake.

My father was given chemotherapy after he developed lung cancer. At one point they were giving him double the usual dose by mistake, it almost finished him off there and then.

Brian Miller said...

ah, but our imagination can run will with a story to go with the bells...and the tower...

tut-tut said...

I love the lighting in that shot.

So hard to lose one's mother, no matter what the circumstance.

e said...

This photo was taken on an excursion to a town over the bay from me. I snapped it because I too thought of a wedding cake when I saw it, and the bells were tolling.

I go to temple rather than church, and could find out nothing about this particular church as no information was displayed.

Yes, Jeff, sometimes I do miss California, mostly my friends there, rather than others...

As far as chemo and cancer is concerned, I'm happy for Barry that he lived through his. Lung cancer is horrible, Subby and Nick, and so is the treatment, from what I've seen. I'm sorry the medical regimen almost finished off your father, Nick. Was this in England?

Kat, Thanks. I'll see what I can find out online...

Tut, Thanks for your comment. It was the first time I'd used a digital camera, and yes, losing mothers is a tough thing, no matter your age.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

very lovely photo.

so sorry that your mom lost her battle with cancer... deep hugs to you.

Skip Simpson said...

Great picture! I was happy to see you dancing on my site! ;)

tony said...

HAPPY T.T. :)

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful church and what lovely sentiments to go along with this...My heart aches for your loss.

Paula, my friend, was so very dear to me. I miss her every day.

Enchanted Oak said...

I hear the bells....

Jasmine said...

Such wonderful log love here at TT this week. I don't know Barry but will send healing thoughts. You can never have too many right? xJ

The Silver Fox said...

What would have been "only" a nice shot was made much better by the lighting and time of day it was taken. I liked it a lot.

e said...

Mouse: Thank you!

Skip: I was never a good standing dancer. Perhaps sitting is a better alternative!

Tony: The same to you!

Rebecca: Thanks for your kind words. Good luck with your tea growing.

Enchanted: Thanks for visiting today.

Jasmine: Spot-on regarding healing thoughts!

Fox: Thanks and it was sheer luck on my part.

Anonymous said...

Great shot of a beautiful church. I am sorry about your Mother. I lost my Mom to cancer a few years ago.
Here's to Barry & his brave battle.

inappropriatesue said...

So sorry for your loss. That building is gorgeous. I hope Barry is feeling great tonight :) Thanks for stopping by mine!

Janice said...

Lovely photo...it does look like a wedding cake. I share your wishes for Barry and rang a bell in his honor today.

Megan said...

Yep, must cultivate that Enchanted person. :)

nick said...

Yes, it was in London. There are still far too many serious blunders in the NHS, I hope I never have to stay in hospital, I might not come out again.

French Fancy... said...

What a beautiful building and good luck to Barry

Mike said...

I do not know Barry, but I am so glad that he beat his disease. It warms my heart to hear stories about people who triumph over cancer.

Dreamhaven said...

I just found out my sister has Hodgkins disease. I also lost my Aunt Pat from breast cancer when she was only 55. There will be a cure someday

lettuce said...

it does look so tranquil

my mother died of cancer too. palliative chemo possibly gave her a little extra time.

lettuce said...

it doesn't get easier tho, does it?
xx

Harnett-Hargrove said...

I too lost my mom to cancer while pregnant with my second...
I guess we have come of this age. -J

Baino said...

Hmm . .has a slightly Spanish look to it e. Shame you didn't video so we could here the bells. Been yonks since I've heard a church bell ring.

Michael said...

Just checking into to say hi. I am sure you well know what Barry is going through and the importance of such milestones. Hope you are well, e.

tattytiara said...

Someone I care about's doing the whole chemo thing too. Nasty business, but I hope it works well for Barry!

Enchanted Oak said...

I dropped by to say I love your comments on my blog. Your email is masked so I can't respond personally, but please know how much it means to me to have you come visit.

tut-tut said...

Hi e; when's your nexxt post?

even WV is asking; it's inglebus