As you'll note on the sidebar, my friend Megan from All I Need Is Everything and the beautiful blogger of recent acquaintance, Whye, of I wonder Whye, have bestowed awards upon this blog.
A heartfelt thanks to the both of you. According to Megan, I am to tell you seven things you may not know about me and then choose seven blogs deserving of the award. The award from Whye requires that I reveal six things you may not know about me, and choose the same number of bloggers to receive this award.
The first time I received an award and attempted to do that, my choices declined, saying that there are so many worthy blogs and bloggers, they did not wish to be singled out. With this in mind, I invite all bloggers to celebrate their unique and varied content and perspectives. Here is my combined list of thirteen:
1. I have become a night owl, much to my dismay. It seems my body clock now prefers sleeping into the afternoon to slumbering at night and waking during day light. I've tried a number of things to combat this problem with little success.
2. I have always been one who could never settle on one path in life and remain content. According to research, this is often a trait found amongst the very creative. When I worked as a writer, the stories and content I was working with changed all the time, thus, I was rarely bored. Unfortunately, the place in which I live doesn't provide its writers much more than a subsistence wage, so I became a librarian, and have since joined the ranks of the unemployed.
3. People often ask what one learns in Library School. The short answer: Research Skills. These are great to have no matter your profession.
4. I love languages and miss being in a multi-lingual environment. I speak more than one.
5. I would love to learn French...especially in France! I pick things up from films and radio, but that is not the same as having a proper teacher. The recent purchase of a workbook should help speed vocabulary development. I'll see.
6. Presently, I am studying Hebrew in preparation for reading Torah and bat mitzvah as an adult. I find Hebrew very difficult.
7. My first kiss was in primary school. The last was last week. I'll leave it there except to say that the last and the first were from different people and have nothing in common.
8. If I were able, I would probably join the Peace Corps.
9. I resent the loss of my knee, pain and restricted mobility. While I try to put a positive spin on things, that is the unvarnished truth. I am trying to work through this feeling, but quite frankly, I keep wondering why this happened and I'm angry that there is no good answer.
10. Chocolate is often better than sex.
11. There is more to life than work, but sometimes life is work.
12. I have lost faith in American political and other systems and institutions.
13. My favourite colour: Blue, especially the eyes of my Siamese cat.