Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Theme Thursday: "Castles"

Life On The Couch

No Castles Here
Nor Knights, errant
No Spires or spikes,
Love stories, unrequited or full in the vibrancy of their thrall.

Simply a hand in mine, fingers laced, as the cat naps, his tail twitching with each breath, dreaming.

You glance at me, I meet your eyes,
holding the curve of your cheek in my mind,
a picture in companionable silence.

E, 2009

30 comments:

JeffScape said...

The great irony as it pertains to me: all of my cats are named after King Arthur characters!

Ronda Laveen said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel so comforted and loved.

Alan Burnett said...

I really like this. To hell with your copyright. I have printed it off and stuck it in my pocketbook.

Brian Miller said...

thanks for the smiles...a refreshing respite...

Kate Hanley said...

Really lovely. There is nothing so beautiful as simplicity and happiness.

Barbara said...

What a pleasant surprise when I came expecting to find yet another old castle.

Mike said...

Wow! That was really good! REALLY GOOD!

Leah said...

Really beautiful.

e said...

JeffScape: Nothing wrong in that, unless of course your cats behave more like Donald or Daffy.

Ronda: Thanks. You are.

Alan: Thanks. Just remember where it came from. It's flattering that you like it, but what pocketbook are you referring to?

Brian: You are welcome.

Kate: You're spot on.

Barbara: I'm full of surprises. Thanks.

Otin: You flatter, kind sir!

Leah: Thank You!

Poetikat: What a wonderful complement!

RLM Cooper said...

LOVE cats! Love your post. And not to forget -- your home IS your castle. :)

Dot-Com said...

That was something new. Great work!

Skip Simpson said...

I loved the simplicity, and the heart! Great post! Happy TT!

Michael said...

I like that last stanza.touching.


BTw, you should be able to leave a TT comment now. i was updating the layout a bit when you tried I think. Feel free to try again if you can be bothered to revisit! thanks always for your lovely comments.

Stacey J. Warner said...

wonderful...very peaceful.

much love

Wings1295 said...

Great! Castles are where we make them, yes?

Tess Kincaid said...

I love the title!! Great take on the theme.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Lovely, just lovely!

Jasmine said...

You write beautiful poetry, sounds like perfect harmony.

Megan said...

I can't remember the last time I held hands with someone. This is lovely.

Betsy Brock said...

Very nice! Alan has me laughing!

Candie said...

That was wonderful!Magnifiquement décrit.

MaR said...

Very refreshing, so peaceful... love it!

Baino said...

Aww e that's so sweet. My companion did a runner yesterday (Lily the Labrador of course). I had to pick her up at the pound this morning. No tickles on the bed for her!

I Wonder Wye said...

Thanks for stopping by. Jacob looks so much like my Lenny's mom, Annie who I rescued right before she had her three kids -- named them Lenny (he doesn't keep kosher and is named for L on Law & Order, Hairy, and Edo. All great kids. Thank you for the lovely poem. My kitties are my muses too......

lettuce said...

:-)

companionable silence
lovelu

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your couch is your castle, with a castle-full of romance. Beautifully said :)

I havn't started The Plague yet! Just finishing 'Trumpet' for my other reading group. Have you finished it? I will start it this weekend. my sister is reading it too, and says it is very good (but we often differ in our opinions on books...)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I like that.

karen said...

I love your Castle theme, and enjoyed the previous halloween post too! Hope you are having a great weekend :)

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful, Liz!

Thanks for the bday wishes, and the note of condolence about Armenia. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. :)

Dreamhaven said...

Kitty cat, kitty cat,
What have you done?
Without my morning cuppa,
I am all undone.
So carefully I placed my cup,
The tag you couldn't resist
So now my tea's all over the floor.
And your tail is in a twist.

Happy TT