Monday, November 16, 2009

Saturday In the Park...











Not to steal lyrics from old songs by the group Chicago, but these are some photos of my recent outing to Lowry Park with Godot, including the park trail, boat ramp and some of the homes and private docks along the river's edge across from it.

The trail is fairly short, but when one does it a couple of times, it is a nice workout and an excuse to get some fresh air. I am in the second photo and yes, I call my chair Godot, after the character in the Beckett play because I waited for what seemed an interminable period for it to arrive.

Besides the park and boat ramp, there is a zoo, a bandshell for concerts, river rides and picnic facilities with playgrounds.
Happy Trails!






11 comments:

RLM Cooper said...

Lovely photos - looks like a lovely day. Happy Trails back to you!

Barbara said...

Looks like the park is very well equipped for you and Godot. I hope you two have bonded since you had to wait so long to meet.

The photos remind me of my home state in a good way. It always seems there is water whichever way one looks.

Elizabeth Bard said...

Looks like we both have beautiful "secret gardens" this week.

Glad you found Lunch in Paris.

World Nomad AND Librarian - that's my kind of job description!

Kabbalah Rookie said...

What a beautiful reason to get some fresh air. No such trails like that around here... but perhaps I haven't looked hard enough!

Steve Reed said...

I went to the Lowry Park Zoo with my mom when I was there a month or two ago -- she'd never been, and I hadn't been for at least 15 years. It was interesting to see all the improvements! I never did get to the park itself, though.

Brian Miller said...

thanks for takin gus on that trip with you...think i just may visit the park today....

Val said...

that first photo has a sort of optical illusion about it. looks like a lovely day, and beautiful river. thank you

strokeofliving said...

I trust you enjoyed your outing in Lowry Park. I love that you call your chair Godot. Did you attend the zoo?

Thanks for your comment. Creating an additional blog keeps me busy, although SOL my main blog keeps me busy enough. I'll make a formal announcement when I decide to launch to a broad audience.

Elizabeth Bard said...

Hi E - Sorry to say, Ive never had a good croissant in the US, and there are quite a few bad ones over here, but I've got a fabbbulous one right near the house - which means we can never move...

And yes, the French are all about getting back into the cute little jeans. And the health system pays for "reeducation perineale" - I'll let you look it up.

Baino said...

Even better that it's flat enough for your wheelchair! Very pretty something about water surrounding a park that adds to the tranquility

mouse (aka kimy) said...

lowry park looks lovely! was it named after lois lowry? surely not but that would be great if such a wonderful place was named after an author! and a kid's author at that.

nice to see a photo with you in it, next time let's see your smile!!!

ha ha on the name for your chair!! clever!!