Monday, November 30, 2009

Mr. Toast's Winter Tea And More...

After the belated Thanksgiving and birthday celebration of some friends yesterday, I fell backward in Godot and hit the back of my head at the walk way to the front door. I now know that I can never again remove Godot's anti-tip bars. Thankfully, I only have a sore knot the size of Paris to deal with.

My apologies for the sporadic and belated blogging I've been doing; It is difficult to write or read while holding an ice bag aloft with one hand and balancing a terrified feline on one's lap. Jacob, true gent that he is, would not leave me alone post-incident. All is a bit better today, and he has returned to staking out our kitchen for signs of stray kibble.

My virtual trip to Aspen for mmm's winter tea festivities thusly delayed, I sit peeking into the wardrobe at a beautiful black and white winter coat and bright red scarf that promises warmth as well as sizzle. These will augment a matte black suit, matching flats and my favourite silver polish with silver earrings.

I look forward to meeting friends old and new tomorrow evening.

Until Then...

10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i do hope your head feels better...and i will email you soon about the book tips...in the mean time, I look forward to seeing you at tea...

Skip Simpson said...

Between your head, and my foot, this tea party is going to look like an emergency room!

Michael said...

Well, my dear "e", you absolutely must get around to showing us what you will wear. I am writing you up on my promoters side bar to add to the fun. Can't wait to finally "meet" you at the Tea. Try not to bonk your head anymore, ok? :)

Candie said...

I hope you will feel better!
Lol at Skip's comment,sorry.

Baino said...

OMG even you've been to Paris even if only metaphorically! And tomorrow evening is today for me . .it's 10:00pm on the 1st December. Oh the trials of living in the southern land.

Haha poor E, cat's know just where to perch when you're incapacitated! I have a hot tip. Use a 1kg packet of peas. That way it will mould nicely to your 'egg' and you can sit with perfect posture in front of your PC and travel vicariously and virtually whilst sipping tea! *gentle rub on the bonce*

Anonymous said...

Good think I am a nurse, we are gonna some TLC at this tea. Baino is right about the frozen peas. I always recommend those for ice packs. It might be smart to pack a few in my travel bag. Looking forward to meeting you.
QMM

karen said...

Oh no! I guess those anti-tip bars on Godot are there for a very good reason!! Poor you. Good old Jacob - don't you love that about cats? They are such good company.. your winter wardrobe sounds most glamorous!

Kabbalah Rookie said...

Sounds like a fabulous outfit - I take it you will be wearing a red beret to cover the bag of peas?

Hope your head feels better soon - I can think of better starts to the week... x

Megan said...

Oh, your poor head!

Silver polish sounds wonderful, though!

lettuce said...

oh dear, sorry about the tumble

in my experience, tea always helps