The best of this gray and overcast day to everyone!
Here are eight things you'd never have guessed:
1. This blogger is a published writer and author who is trying to get back into the thick after a hiatus.
2. I am researching how best to see Paris and London with Godot...
3. I am so sore after working out at the hospital that it has taken three days to resume normal activities. There is no injury.
4. I saw the play Gypsy on the London stage in 1973, and would love to see another play there.
5. I miss speaking and using Spanish and would love to find a proper teacher for French.
6. I watch foreign films and British TV sans telly and I'm working my way through the gritty series, Wire in the Blood, with Robson Green.
7. I've only ever published nonfiction and never fancied myself a poet.
8. I'm on the fence about trying for a doctorate...
13 comments:
Go for it all! I'm looking up that series. There is so much available on the INternet, that TV is really not much use, is it?
btw, you and I both posted at the same time (just about) at Kim's blog, and we both mentioned Coffee M's mail art!
fyi: my WV is verbe today, so that means get writing, dear e! Maybe I should get my MLS, and we can slog through higher ed together . . . let me know.
Where did you find Internet access to Wire in the Blood?
very cool. do you care to share the name of your book(s)? i am trying to work on mine now...
any suggestions on the process?
Most insightful. One is always learning new things about ones blogging friends.
Do the PhD. DO IT!
I wish you good luck for your doctorat!wow.Cool stuff about you and I don't have a tv myself.Je peux parler français avec toi si tu veux mais tu parle déjà bien.Bonne journée!;)
Let me know if there is anyway that I can help with your London plans. Now I see what you mean about the travel bug!
So if you do go for the Ph.D, will we have to address you as PhD e, or e Doc Phil?
Nice to know a little more about you e! What non fiction? I often wonder how people travel, particularly on their own with a wheelchair. Pain in the neck I'd say although these days, people are more conscious and there are lifts and ramps, even taxis for the disabled which is helpful. I love Wire in the Blood, it's on telly here on Friday Nights. And good for you if you go ahead with the doctorate. I'm so lazy the thought of studying gives me a caniption!
Dennis says go for it-- ! Dennis will be napping...
1. NO! Really? Both of my books are on hiatus at the moment..
2. Hmmmm.....
3. Glad to hear it. I've been moving from a 3rd floor flat for over a week( with no help! )My knees do sympathise with you...
4. Mum wants to see "Phantom of the Opera"...on any stage!
5. You should live round my area( tho' the Spanish isn't near proper )...
6. Got me on that one, as I don't watch telly; but will go for a good foreign film...
7. Oh do go on...
8. Go for it!
I have had a crush on Robson Green for YEARS. Yummy!
YES, go for the doctorate!
One of these days I may try a book! Very cool facts!!
I'm most comfortable writing non fiction and personal essay....I saw Venessa Redgrave as Isadora Duncan in a London theater and would also love to get back there -- we spent two honeymoons there -- heard about that wire in the blood but have not seen it...did watch the last two episodes of The Closer on line when we missed them -- damn I want Tivo or some such......!
Post a Comment