.jpg)
.jpg)

This bunny costume is one of the few Halloween photos in my collection. The costume was made by my mother from old curtains and featured both floppy ears and a cotton tail. The pumpkin carving was a first effort as well. We walked the neighborhood without worry, something few children do today.
I remember feeling very hot, thanks to the year-round humidity.
Because there are no kids where I live now, few do much to mark Halloween.
One notable exception is my neighbour, who states that Halloween is her favourite time in the fall. The mannequin heads, wigs, masks and make-up above adorn her front window and face the street. They are published here with her permission, and I think they are wonderfully creative and fun!
Happy Halloween!
27 comments:
nice bunny costume! cool that it was made by your mother...we are hand making ours this year and involving the boys...a fun treat. we dont get many now a days on halloween either...happy tt!
Love the bunny outfit :)
Happy Halloween, little e!
WV: brick
That's you!
Nice post! I, too, ran and played freely when I was little. I liken my life then to Scout's in "To Kill A Mockingbird". I ran all over the neighborhood. You are so correct - children today are watched every waking moment. I feel sorry for them.
Wow, you were a bunny when I was 2! LOL!
Awww! You were a cute little bunny!!! Happy TT!
I think I dated that first one...
Ahh, you look so cute. Your neighbor's head art is intriguing.
Enjoy . . although I don't understand why kids dress up as pretty things on Halloween, aren't you supposed to be scarey?
I remember always being concerned about the weather at Halloween as I was growing up in Florida. Would it be warm enough to wear the hula skirt my father had brought me back from his months in the South Pacific testing the A-bomb? Would the rain hold off? Most of my costumes were not elaborate, but my mother's rule was I had to dress up if I wanted to go trick-or-treating. We never worried in the least about safety. Times have changed.
Don't you look adorable! We've had a few less trick-or-treaters in recent years as the neighborhood kids have grown up. Still quite a few, but not tons. Actually, it's kinda nice to have a few treats left! ha!
Great pics! Happy Halloween, to you, too!
Hah! Love the evil pumpkin head!
The bunny costume is so incredibly sweet, I love it.
I LOVE it that your mother made this costume out of curtains! What great memories.
Your neighbor sounds quite entertaining and her wigs are a trip!
HEHE
Its looks very SCARY
I enjoy it
In our country The Netherlands
they celebrate no Halloween :(
greetings Anya :)
Your neighbor sounds like great fun!
And you made a very cute bunny, oh yes you did.
xo
damn! if you don't look like the kid in "A Christmas Story"!
you can be so much more creative with a hand made costume. My daughter has hand made many costumes over the years. Happy TT
Very cute bunny. Much cuter than the bunny outfit in The Christmas Story! ha. You and I are lovers of all things feline I see. Read my post 'critical care' and 'leno' about my cats. I am running ghost stories in honor of Halloween all week on my blog. We are in the country and haven't had trick or treaters -- one thing I miss about a neighborhood -- so I have those memories and costumes past up as well....
Great pictures! Happy Halloween :)
xoxo
I think you're in the pic in my Friday post...weird... I like the costume though...
Happy wen day anyway. I don't do ween myself--never done it but I like to see some the less ghoulish costumes. Some are sooo clever.
Well, don;t be left out of my tea though, mind you, OK?! Come vote.
happy halloween E - such a sweet bunny!
I do love the kid pic you all are sharing... makes me want to look thru our pile... -Jayne
How does a bunny become Halloween ... unless it is an axe-wheelin Bunny !!!!!
Hope you had a great Halloween. What cool green hair on that one head!
Post a Comment