Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Theme Thursday: Collections

Molas from Kuna Yala, off the coast of Panama.
These are worn as clothing by the women and panels like this one are sold to tourists.
My cats...Angel here is the eldest of the lot.

Books
I don't usually keep many unless they were gifts. I tend to lend or give them away and use the library.

Art from Panama,
Mexico and elsewhere.
A minimalist by nature, I don't tend to collect, but the items here are favourites, largely because they reflect who I am and where I spent my childhood.
This is a perfect segue into my next post...
Happy Theme Thursday!



































30 comments:

Brian Miller said...

books are my collection...i have boxes and boxes...i love to read...some pretty cool collections you have there.

e said...

Thanks, Brian! I'd have guessed you to be a bibliophile! Happy Theme Thursday.

Lisa Ursu said...

Happy tt! I love your collection, especially your kitty cats.
Thanks for sharing.

RLM Cooper said...

Love the kittys. Your Angel looks a lot like my Sylvie. Your post made me recall that I (sort of) collect cook books. I don't cook, mind you, but I love looking at the pictures. Ha.

Baino said...

I am a tragic I'm afraid. I don't collect anything other than the odd Christmas tree decoration from countries I've visited and I just couldn't be bothered digging them out to photograph. Love your paintings by the way and the fabric is beautiful. Angel looks like my Tonkinese - Basil . .long gone but not forgotten.

karen said...

Great collections! One thing I simply cannot declutter are my books! Oh, and we collect cats, too! :)

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Love the Molas. Now I'm intrigued... must find out what that next post is.

Anonymous said...

Hi e! Hi Angel! Hey! I don't recall seeing these for sale...oh wait, you said off the coast...never-mind( tho' I do like that one! ) Happy TT :)

Barbara said...

I'm excited that we may end up in Panama for a few days after our week in Costa Rica in January. I would love to visit those islands again. I'll bet your artwork from your years there is wonderful!

Dreamhaven said...

Books, cats,
I like that
Also toys
For girls and boys.

Happy TT

Jasmine said...

Mexican art sounds like a wonderful collection. I like mexican textiles.

Skip Simpson said...

Great post! Loved the paintings, and the kitty kat! Happy TT!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Sometimes a minimal collection is the best kind!

I like books as well...I wish I parted with them easily!

I have become quite the cat lover in the last two years! They are such good company! Your Angel has a sweet face!

Wings1295 said...

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing. :)

Tom said...

always bring home something from a vacation...a reminder, that's kind of a collection!

tony said...

A Fine Collection of Collections! A Great TT.Regards
Tony

Not For Jellyfish said...

I wish I were a minimalist. Your cat is beautiful.

Coffee Messiah said...

Nothing wrong with being a minimalist ; )

It sounds as if your art work is very nice.

Cheers and Thanks for popping by!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

molas are wonderful - so colorful and it does seem in some way each one tells a story

cats are so easy to collect, aren't they! angel is angelic looking.

maybe in my next incarnation I will be a minimalist...I try to no avail!

DineometerDeb said...

Your kitty in the profile picture looks just like mine, a tuxedo with a little white on the nose.

I am off to google ..molas was it? I am intreagued by this.

Betsy Brock said...

Love your older kitty...she has that elderly, wise look about her. :)

Mike said...

I was a minimalist until I saw all those nearly naked women that everyone posted for me today. Now I am a Maximus! LMAO!!!

Megan said...

Applause! Great selection of collections - books, art, fabric, and cats.

Uh oh, I probably should have put the cats first. Hope they aren't vexed with me!

xo

Candie said...

Really nice collection indeed!Happy TT!And thanks for stopping at my place!Have a nice day!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Those are interesting art on frames. Cool collection! :)

e said...

Dear Readers,

Angel is a seal point Siamese; Jacob is a Tux with great patterns, and Phoebe is an all black mix.

We all appreciate that you stopped by. Our favourite human is a minimalist because she has changed house a lot and doesn't like clutter. With the new wheelchair, clutter becomes an obstacle course.

Brian, what books do you enjoy especially?

Liza, Thanks!

AngelMay, cookbooks are nice to have.

Baino,we don't celebrate christmas, but we love old ornaments. They make great cat toys.

Karen, how many cats claim you as their own?

Catlady, stay tuned...

Subby, maybe we'll send one your way...

Barbara, most of the art is from an old secondary school teacher and the rest is from an officer who was a talented artist.

Dreamhaven,love your rhyme!

Jasmine, thanks, so do we.

Skip, thank you, kind sir.

Jill, we try...Angel only looks sweet but she is very fiesty!

Wings, thank you!

Tom, our human really doesn't vacation often, but that's a good suggestion.

Tony, thanks, we like yours, too.

Jellyfish, you have a cool name, and Angel is quite beautiful.

CM: Many cheers to you and L!

Mouse: Looks can be deceiving...Angel is actually a bit of a handful, although she would say she has a magnetic personality.

DinometerDeb, more information is forthcoming...thanks for visiting.

Betsy, thank you!

Otin, what can we possibly say...thanks for visiting.

Candie, Merci. Comment s'est passé vos vacances?

Megan, We only get upset if meals are late...

Lancelonie, thanks for visiting and please come again!

lettuce said...

i'd like to see more of the molas - a gorgeous photo. Are they woven, or embroidered? I love the colours

Ellie said...

I got rid of SO many books recently. I'd be sad except you can't actually tell....

Skybridge Studios said...

Hi E! Nice collection, I love textiles! ...and cats!