Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Theme Thursday: Rhythm






A Feline Acrostic...




Righteous indignation earns a well-recognised swish of the tail, back and forth, a steady thudding against just polished floor board;

How I dread the accompanying stare, as if to say:


You are falling down on the job, yet again!

Though, I must confess a certain lackadaisical approach to this constant need for feeding, the plump being jumping blithely atop the kitchen counter reminds me that no-one in this house is truly underfed;

However often voices plead otherwise, with the increasingly varied cadence punctuating...

MEOW...


















23 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

I could hear the rhythm of that tail as I read your post. Fine words.

Skip Simpson said...

As a cat-lover myself, your words reminded me of many a "righteous indignation" stare. Great post, and Happy Theme Thursday!

Colette Amelia said...

And what a wonderful rythym of words that so joyously danced across my brain and lips!

e said...

Thanks, Alan, Skip and Colette Amelia. Theme Thursdays are always a good bit of fun!

JeffScape said...

Mrow?

I was wondering why your blog was "invite only." Found that odd... and now I know why.

Wings1295 said...

Cats may have the rhythm, but dogs got the comedy! ;)

JeffScape said...

Si, si! That's what I was referring to!

My Google's being weird, as well.

Coffee Messiah said...

Nice.....and for coming from another country, after vising Berlin 2x, one a year before the wall came down and then the year after, I must say despite the language barrier, I felt so at home in that old land ; )

Cheers!

Mike said...

I love cats! They are so cool! I would be devastated if my cat ran away!

Brian Miller said...

ha. love it. we have a cat as well. they have a particular rhythm. pet me when i want, pet me when you want at your own risk...lol.

p.s. had a hard time getting to your site from the TT site. had to wait until you commented...dunno.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

plump being jumping blithely atop the kitchen counter...I can hear that!


word veri... ovenepie

Anonymous said...

HA! Good one, E! And great shot of kitty( what a look, indeed )...

Saw your comment about the TT snafu but my reader link works fine :)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

A fellow lover of kitty cats...I am QUITE FAMILIAR with the stares and mewings of hunger!

New Yorker wannabes said...

Seems like you got rhythm!! Happy TT lol (oh wait it's Friday...oh well Happy TF too :)

xoxo

Baino said...

E I miss my cat. I really do she was a totally indoorsy snugglepot and you've got them down pat. Demanding little arrogant shits that they are. I never replaced my beloved Basil because I was worried about a new cat attacking birds. . .I swear they can tell the time and mark it with their tails.

Not For Jellyfish said...

Cats. Tails. Those cursing eyes... Lovely.

Megan said...

Aw, I miss my cats!!!!!

lettuce said...

how nicely done

s/he does look a bit peeved

e said...

Thanks to everyone for your comments. The cat in the photo is an all black female named Phoebe. The kitchen counter nearest the doorway is her favourite spot and during this snap, she was actually purring...

She's a ham and loves to be the center of attention. She shares home and affection with two other cats, Angel and Jacob. I wrote about all three cats in an earlier post for Theme Thursday on March 12 of this year and photos of all three were included.

Happy Weekend!

Anonymous said...

e, same to you luv! And the kkitties :)

Steve Reed said...

Cute! What a great idea! You're an artiste, e!

Anonymous said...

Hello e!

I have tried to add a poll to the Virtual Book Club to choose the next book- take a look and see if it works!

Anonymous said...

e- I've had a further think. I propose that you choose the book for October- then you can choose something you know you can get hold of. the poll-thingy can then be used for choosing the following 3 books.

Would that be ok with you?