Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Theme Thursday: Beginning


Humidity wanes;
Days grow shorter as rains abate;
The air changes, its thick, stifling cloak replaced by the coolness of a loose shirt, the fabric slowly sweeping leaves, fallen from trees, along sidewalks and streets.
Piercing brightness becomes a watery gleam;
Shifting light dances;
Shadows brush the windows of homes along our lane, fingertips of darkness await;
Fall's beginning.
Poem By E. 2009

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

E, wonderful poem! I so like the beginning of autumn. And I see you got the OED to work;kudos!

e said...

Thanks Subby! Unfortunately, Blogger would not leave in the line breaks I wanted and shoved everything together but there you have it and thanks for popping by so early!

Brian Miller said...

nice. autumn is my favorite season, bringing refreshment from the heat of the summer...can't wait for the long walks in the trees...

Ed & Jeanne said...

Very nice. Autumn is a bittersweet chocolate for me. While I love the crisp air, the still sunny days and the colors I'm also saddened to watch the leaves go; knowing many months of winter and spring must go by before they return.

Tess Kincaid said...

Coolness of a loose shirt...ahh, bring it on!

Tom said...

i have that trouble with blogger too..sometimes it has a mind of its own! Nice poem.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely e. 'fingertips of darkness wait'- absolutely. The shorter days and darkness set in all too soon- they creep up on us before we've had time to digest our summer fruits. I do like autumn though.

Anonymous said...

I hate the friggin' fall!!!!!!!

Skip Simpson said...

That was great! Thank you for sharing!

C.M. Jackson said...

yes--a crispness is the air and the colors are beautiful--just don't like that it gets darker earlier--great post-c

Wings1295 said...

So nice. Autumn is coming! Can't wait!!!

e said...

Thanks to everyone who is making the rounds today. There are many interesting and quite varied posts! The creativity of bloggers never ceases to amaze and I look forward to more.

Sandra Leigh said...

Lovely poem, e. For me, autumn's splendour carries with it a certain sadness. I think that's because I spent so many years in places where every winter went on for Years. Nonetheless, I do love autumn.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

That says it all, beautifully! -J

Dreamhaven said...

You lift my spirits with Autumn's dance.
LOvely post

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

This was lovely. I love the coolness and color of fall yet always MOURN the loss of LIGHT...it gives me such energy and positive out look!

Coffee Messiah said...

Very nice and hope all is well with you these days.

I have noticed this year, although it's heated up again these last couple of days, that the crickets are less than normal and starting to disappear.

A sure sign of seasonal change around here.

Cheers!

lettuce said...

lovely
i can feel it over here in England too

Not For Jellyfish said...

I love the beginning of fall. You capture it well.

tony said...

Much Respect For Your Fine Words & Images.Nice One.