A spammer has been loading my Blog's recent and older post comments with a potentially dangerous Bot. I am not the only one who has experienced this. Recently, I noticed that the trash can icon commonly found at the end of comments was missing. I searched Blogger's Help Section from my Dashboard and found a utility to resolve this problem but have been unable to use it properly. Until I have this situation sorted satisfactorily, I have deleted the entire post in which the Bot was found.
If you don't see my last posting on September 4, that is why and I ask your patience until the situation is resolved. I will be running my anti-viral utility and another specifically for Bot detection in the interim and may not post again for a couple of days.
Initially, the spammer used the name "disa" but in the latest version, only charaters were used. Should you see this on your Blog or someone else's, do not click on it as doing so is dangerous.
5 comments:
How weird! I don't think I've had that problem, but then, I have a Mac, which is pretty virus-resistant.
Thanks for the alert. Hope you get things sorted soon :)
Thanks. It was a shame to delete the post and photo, but no other remedy was readily available.
There is nothing completely virus-resistant, unfortunately. This spam appears to be computer generated.
I have not lost my trash cans, I wonder why you have?
That's so odd.
Oh well, best of luck with bot removal!
xoxo
e I think a few of us have had disa. It's a 'porn' spam that attaches itself to certain words in posts. Japanise Kenji I believe! I have a Mac but it still attaches because blogger is actually alive on the Web as opposed to a document on your hard drive. I thought that Word Verification might fool it but had another hit the other day and have yet to go through and delete it. Pain in the bum but I don't think it's dangerous, just a nuisance. I might go to comment moderation for a while and see if that outfoxes it.
Post a Comment