

The elusive Godot arrived on July 20, and it suffices that things haven't been the same since. Remember how I crowed about the chair fitting into the vintage 70's doorframe for the loo? Unfortunately, the contractors will have to be called at some point. Meantime, furry felines have taken a liking to Godot, mostly for napping, as you can see here. Jacob loves me pushing him in my lap around the flat, too.
It's hard to believe I'm about to turn fifty!
Until Next Time...

16 comments:
Happy Birthday! The pictures look lovely hanging on those cheerful yellow walls.
Good News!
But will Godot travel????
Your birthday? Happy 50th. I actually didn't really have a problem with my age until I turned 50. Something just clicked and it wasn't nice. I love your walls. Same colour as my family room and that's one hi-tech wheelchair. I hope it's making life easier for you.
Great! Godot has materialised, and been approved by Jacob, too.. Happy impending 50th, e.. from one decade-birthday person to another, and thanks for your comment on mine x
Right nice looking flat, e! And the kitties have staked their claim on Godot, it would seem-LOL!
Didn't realise it was your birthday( silly me! ) Do enjoy as much as you can, wot? (((HUGS))
Cyndy,
Thanks for the early salutations...It's Tuesday. I hope you are doing well. Loved the necking turtles...
Meg,
Godot will stay home as the airlines loose things or can damage expensive wheels...I'll rent in O.C.
Baino,
Sorry being 50 upset things for you...Considering I was not expected to live long after arriving, the fact that I'm turning fifty tomorrow is wonderful, and a great slap in the face to medical predictions...Thanks for the good wishes!
Karen,
You have a beautiful name and sweetness to match. Godot presents additional challenges and I can't claim to be completely pleased over the situation, but life goes on and it takes as much initiative and energy to be happy as it does to be gloomy. I choose to make the best of this. My forties were full of poignancy, fun, adventures, questions and new things. So may they be for you and I hope you'll share them with me and other blogger friends.
Subby,
Thanks much for the virtual birthday hugs! I'm sending two your way---one for mum and the other for you! The flat is a work in progress. I'll admit to being a bit house proud.
I have an advance birthday wish for everyone--
A week of wonderment, months of contentment amid the larger world's craziness, and a year filled with adventures of all kinds. L'chiam!
e, hugs received :) Thanks much! And 'tis no wonder I don't fly anymore (tho' I've never had lost luggage; there was the damage from time to time ).
Welcome to my side of 50! It's really not so bad. Happy birthday!
Barbara,
Thanks!
Happy 50th, e!
I'm glad Godot has arrived. Let us know how it's going!
C'mon girl, you're the slackest poster on the planet!
Hi e,
Thank you so much for the visits, I have been having my bad days and my good days as I am sure you have too. I have been going to PT and when I come back those are bad nights as to the pain, but then I do the exercises at home and then those are bad nights, so I guess everynight has been turning into a bad night. I keep using the ice pack each night and it helps somewhat, which now that I have figured out how to attach it to my shoulder so that I do not have to keep my right hand on it to hold it there (brrrr), I have been able to type a little more, but most nights I only type one or two comments and then I am done. Or I take a big break inbetween and then other nights I type really short ones and can do more, but as you can see I am not one for short comments. Sigh.
I also wanted to say that being 50 is not bad, and Happy Birthday to you. Did you know that 50 is now the new 30? Mine was last week, which I ignored, and now I am on the other side of the hump and will be looking towards the big 60 now. But not for so many years, which now means that I am closer to 60 than 50 now. Great, that sucks and now I can go to the restaurants and get a senior discount, or at least most of them. Plus I too should have crossed over many times and so I cannot complain that I am still here.
And I think the chair is cool looking and a good nap pad for the kitties. I have to say that my cats would be scared of it and never take a ride. I am so glad that your cats have calmed down and are doing better.
Jericho who runs the streets seems to have been bitten by a dog and has a whole in his cheek. That cat costs us so much money and he is the grandkids cat and so that is why we keep him, plus we love the little bugger.
I think I am going to go soak in the bathtub and run the jets on my shoulder. I am not sure if it helps, but I keep them on low and at least my spine is being massaged which I hope is helping me.
God bless.
very cool specs....
and about being 50, I find it hard to take seriously myself (50 since May) - the thought somehow makes me want to snigger in a rather immature way
Hi e! Have you read The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo yet? I have it from the library, but it seems to be a thriller, and that's not my usual thing. Will endeavor to get into it.
How are you feeling? This year was 52 for me, and for some reason I just really didn't want to think about it.
I'm trying to be better about my blog, but I am on facebook as myself more frequently. See you there??
e, Subby here. You've taken a hit to your older posts by the spammer that's been infecting everyone. I didn't see an email link in your profile, to warn you. Look for comments by "disa"...those are generated spam. It's been repoted numerous times but nothing's been done as yet, so be careful luv! I noitice even with word verify that it's still getting in...
happy bLATED birthday....so, I'm a month late!! 50 is when the fun begins!!!! trust me...been there, done that.....
Post a Comment