
The vagaries of weather are intense here. Drought, followed by ten days of rain, finally rewarded with a beautiful, clear and balmy afternoon. The rains unfortunately herald the hurricane season, a six-month span most of us would rather do without.
Afternoons such as this remind me of the pleasures of living in the moment, simply breathing and enjoying, without a thought to other concerns. I wish you all the same.
Afternoons such as this remind me of the pleasures of living in the moment, simply breathing and enjoying, without a thought to other concerns. I wish you all the same.
More photos will appear after I get new batteries for the camera.
21 comments:
Well *there* you are. You sound serene and I felt a terrific calm reading your post.
Glad to see you are back and I'm looking forward to the photos.
Skybridge:
Thanks and in addition to the other comments I left on your postings, because of you I now have several great links to Slow Food!
Thanks e! I actually had to stop and rest for a moment. Why did this post relax me? Dunno...enjoy the day!
Thanks, Subby!
Do you know about the National Moment of Rememberance at 3 PM today?
Everyone is asked to pause for a minute at 3 PM to remember those who served...
My parents are at Arlington, so will dedicate that moment to them and others.
e, sorry but I didn't know of this. I offer up a moment or two( or more ), each day. But that goes out to all my brothers and sisters. Then again, Dad has his "moment" and a few other vets I've know have theirs. Even tho' I've never known your parents; know that my prayers are for all, regardless of the era or time served. I will join you from afar in this, tho' I don't know if you'll be able to hear me. ANd God bless!
I wish you the same, too.
Thanks for your comments over at my place!
Hugs from LA (where it is cloudy and cool today)
Hi Megan,
Thanks and you're welcome! Hugs to you!
Nice picture and hope to see the others when you get around to it.
Rain is good. We've had our share earlier, now, it's been passing us by. Maybe we'll get the T storm tonight?
Cheers to ya!
lovely photo. living in the moment is a good place to be i always think. lovely calm thoughtful post. thanks
e, I did it and in became deeper than I thought. The moment lasted longer than anticipated. The visions were a powerful thing, indeed!
I always loved the rainy season, with those big thunderheads and torrential rains. I miss that in NYC.
e . . welcome to my world at the moment, it's pouring with rain and has for over a week. My lounge looks like a laundry and everything's damp! Most unusual . . .at least I don't have to pay for horse food, the grass is growing as I watch! Hope the warm weather is giving your poor joints some relief! Walking everywhere for five days has me feeling a little war torn!
Hi CM, Val, Baino, Subby and Steve,
Thanks for stopping by.
Val,
I'm glad you've found the post calming. It seems I am looking for things and feelings to do that these days. It has been difficult typing on a keyboard with my wrist still healing so for now the posts are shorter.
CM,
I look forward to being able to take more pictures in the near future, too. Our T-storms carry a lot of potentially damaging lightening, so I am always concerned for the electronics, not to mention a houseful of scaredy-cats! We need the water, though and I hope you get your share!
Subby,
Your meditation sounds wonderful!
Steve,
Want me to make a recording of the rain and its sound effects and send it up?
And another thing...I'm a bit behind on my reading but who is Dave???
Baino,
How was the trip??? Sorry your lounge looks like a laundry, that happens here sometimes as well. As for all that walking--honey, put your feet up occasionally! Sounds like you had a nice time. Looking forward to hearing more...Unfortunately, my joints remain the same.
Hi E, nice to see you again! Lovely photo.. the hurricane season sounds very daunting!
We had a glorious May down here in Texas with temperatures 10-15 degrees cooler than usual. Every day we can get like that is a bonus, because come August we will be blasted!
E, you left a comment about Arlington National at my site the other day and I would love to know how your parents came to rest there if you chose to tell the story.
hi e! how are you doing? have you gotten batteries yet? I think I'm back in the saddle, somewhat.
Florida has always had intensities of all sorts of weather. May your storms be quick and not destructive!
I hope your life has improved since you last wrote. I'm glad to see you're back in the Blogging world.
Hi Tut, Bullet, Karen and Barbara,
Thanks for your observations and good wishes. I am still having a bit of a problem with irritating my wrist, so still keeping postings short. I did get some AAA batteries today. They don't last long because the camera uses them quickly. I did not know about the re-chargeable kind for digital cameras until today, but still chose the cheaper alternative. I was able to buy a large pack, so will see how quickly they need replacement.
Bullet--You asked how my parents came to be at Arlington. My dad was a military (US Army) officer, and my mother as his widow chose to be buried there when she died.
Thanks for asking about them.
e, in regards to your answer to bullet...I had a feeling it was that. Too, I took a bit longer than a moment, Monday last.
hello e
I've not been around much lately and was going to apologise - but find you haven't been either.
Hoping you are ok
Our weather has also been all over the place (though in a rather english way) but it is now summer.
At least temporarily.
Dear Let,
No apologies are needed. We all have busy lives...
Just come by as you can. It is always nice to hear from you.
Post a Comment