Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stressed and Bleary-Eyed


I hate burning my candle at both ends, but sometimes it is inevitable. Last night, I was up pulling boxes out and papers loose in anticipation of a meeting today to review last year's tax return. It appears that Uncle Sam wants more money, so out came every scrap of paper related to the return that I could find. Since I generally keep paperwork, this task was accomplished in record time and I was able to turn in about midnight.


The hard part now is re-organizing the mess my three cats made of all of these things as they apparently played soccer all over my small living room as the night wore on. Fortunately, nothing was reduced to confetti, but I have been up since five trying to restore order, so by now, I'm a bit tired...with a deadline to meet!


Another Blogger has asked me to post about upcoming events for Friday, March 13. It seems Auntie, AKA cagney of http://listen2auntie.blogspot.com/ and http://intheyearofthedog.blogspot.com/ or Dog Girl, is asking bloggers to post any ghostly stories they have on that day. Check with her for details. I got this information from Mrsupole.


I leave you with the above photo and an expression of "Who me? I didn't make that mess in the livingroom! Honest!"
Until Next Time...



15 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Why do cats love scraps of paper so much? It's very mysterious. Anyway, hope you're able to reorganize without too much effort. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi e. Hopefully you didn't have to give back too much. With so many people out of work( and not getting taxed ), we have to pick up, yet another burden. I know all about burning the candle, only mine seems to start in the middle and just implodes :( The cats aren't much help when it comes to getting things out. Curiosity....

And I too, got the word on the ghost story thing from Mrsupole. This could be interesting....

bulletholes said...

i was born on the 13th of May, sometimes its on a Friday too, other times its on Mothers Day...seems like I ought to have a ghost story somewhere...

Avid Reader said...

Gosh the photo looks like a cat I know--who's interfering with my typing right now.


Uncle Sam (well the IRS hand of him) should just F-off and go bother someone else. I just got my papers back, and hope it's Okay....

Fire Byrd said...

Just found your lovely comment on my interview, thank you so much for those fine words.
As for Friday 13th, my youngest son turns 18 on that day, and that is a scary scary thought!!!
x

Reya Mellicker said...

Ghost stories? I've got a million of 'em.

Tax returns stories are so much scarier!

Squirrel said...

Hope all goes smoothly for you, E.

xxx
ooo

Linda Pendleton said...

Oh, these kitties are so funny.
:-) I, too, had tax papers out yesterday and guess where my darling Snickers wanted to sit...right on top of them, all of them. It seems these kitty minds think we put "stuff" out just for them and their pleasures.

As Avid Reder just stated, they even want to type for us. :-)

Cyndy said...

What a cute cat! Uggh, I hate tax time. I haven't even started mine yet. I'm so glad my receipts are all in one box.

Megan said...

Thanks for checking up on pops. He came through just fine! Probably better than your papers did. :)

Cheers honey.

karen said...

typical feline look! good luck with all the horrid paperwork. I'm in a similar boat at the moment :)

CocoDivaDog said...

Looks like everyone is busy with the IRS. My appointment with H&R Block is on Friday 13th!!!

Cats really do love paper.
I miss having a cat.

tut-tut said...

Hi E; I've not been in much evidence. Can't dredge up the ++ on the seesaw with the -- lately. :(

Thanks for keeping in touch. I appreciate it.

Perhaps I'll post about our ghost experiences, though. True, all of it!

e said...

Steve,

Perhaps it is the noise the paper makes when crumpled or batted? Only a guess, though. I'd love to understand the feline mind.

Subtorp: I'm one in the not working category at the mo, and in fact, coping with under employment drove me back to the books, so any opportunity to use my skills is appreciated. Please take care of yourself.

Bulletholes, Given all of your funny, and all too human stories, I'm sure you do to! Thanks for coming by.

AR: You are too cute, and so is your cat!

FB: You're more than welcome and I hope your son enjoys his day!

Reya: Your posts and stories bring up so much for me, you've no idea! And the IRS is way scary!

Squirrel: Me, too. Thanks!

Linda: I think cats think that we belong to them, so by extension, everything we have is theirs. They are amongst the grandest creatures, in my estimation. Thanks for coming by.

Cyndy: All the stuff is put right and I hate tax time, too. Good luck with your music and your house.

Megan: I'm so glad and I know you are relieved! My papers are fine--no tears!

Karen: Good luck to you as well!

Auntie: My deadline is April 1! Perhaps Coco would like a feline friend? I've heard if both are babies and grow up together, they get along...Good luck on Friday!

Tut: You are not alone! Glad I came by.

Mrsupole said...

I hope it all goes well with "them". Love the cat picture.

Great job of finding the papers, I get lost in mine.