Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Theme Thursday: Statues: Laughing Buddha



Photo and Text Property of E, February 4, 2009.

This table top statue of Buddha was given to me by my mother as a remembrance of a trip she took to Thailand twenty years ago. I have no idea what prompted this gift since I am not a Buddhist. I am sorry that the shot appears a bit fuzzy, but Buddha is actually laughing, something almost everyone I know would benefit from doing more of in these times...

Perhaps I should publish a Blog of laughable photographs, judging from this effort!

13 comments:

tut-tut said...

Hi e; laughing is something I need more of, definitely.

e said...

Dearest Tut-Tut,

Me too!

Megan said...

Hi, e! Laughing is one of the best things I know how to do.

Squirrel said...

Buddha is always a good gift, since he embraces all religions. He looks like a delicious glob of whipped cream!

e said...

Tut, Squirrel and Megan,

Thanks for stopping by! I actually never thought of Buddha in relation to whipped cream, Squirrel, but you're right!

Perhaps that is why Jacob (the cat pictured here) finds him irresistable to play with...

Ed & Jeanne said...

Well at least it isn't lifesize...

mouse (aka kimy) said...

I love laughing buddha....thanks for playing TT!

Anonymous said...

Laughter strengthens the immune system, and burns calories too apparently- that's got to be a good thing!

Reyjr said...

The Buddha is a symbol of wealth and prosperity! :D Rub his belly for blessings!

goatman said...

Buddha should be fuzzy ;like the ubiquitous koan -- meaning is always a bit obscure.

Skybridge Studios said...

these good vibrations
an excellent gift from Mom
whipped cream is nice, too.

Kris McCracken said...

So why is he laughing?

Anonymous said...

All I see is a Buddha-shaped glow; the "Enlightened One", perhaps. But I'm grinnin' just because you said "Laughing Buddha!"

Great choice!