Thursday, January 22, 2009

Decorative Doorways



As I worked the Nautilus machines at physical therapy today, this photo came to mind. I find the symbolism of doors and entry ways interesting to contemplate.
What do you think???
Photo taken by E, September, 2008.

10 comments:

tut-tut said...

What's better than looking through a little haze, be it fog or ironwork?

e said...

Walking through it when you aren't sure what is on the other side, perhaps?

Coffee Messiah said...

Great shot!

BTW, Thanks for your comments and will link you up.

Time as always doesn't allow for answering and getting to everybodys
blog as often as liked.

Cheers!

Val said...

i love the doorway and the symbolism :-)

e said...

Coffee,

Thanks for stopping by and I understand as I am off for a long day and won't get back to Blog land until the weekend.

Best to all til then.

red dirt girl said...

once again, a beautiful photograph, e!

yes, i love the metaphor of doors. and find many doors in my 'photo storage files.' i used to dream much of doors: doors shut that cannot be opened, doors leading to doors like mirror images - without end. doors open. doors closed.

a door: passage of course. change possibly. courage? or just a means to get from one place to another ...?

give me time. i will take this one up to my ponderin' tree. it deserves some thinkin' time.

you've reminded me of a recurring dream i used to have from my twenties and thirties: elevators. being stuck in an elevator. maybe i should write a post about it :)

thank you for the provocative question.

xxx
rdm

Reya Mellicker said...

Doors, portals, gates ... they are some of the most potent symbols of change, initiation, inauguration. This one is truly lovely.

e said...

Thanks!

Barbara said...

It's a beautiful photo, but what I want to know is how in the world the Nautilus machine made you think of it? I hope I get to the point where I can think lovely thoughts while I work out.

e said...

I try to get into a meditative space when I am doing physical therapy because it hurts and the meditation gives me something to focus on other than the pain. Rarely am I able to achieve this completely, but I did the other day, which brought this photo, taken months ago, from the depths, into my mind.